Looking for your next Tasmanian wilderness experience?
Short Term, Long term – the option is yours. Stay for a minimum of 3 months with extensions welcomed.
Offering a unique opportunity for you or a couple to explore the Tarkine Rainforest from your front door!
Live FREE on site – in cabin accommodation providing the cosiness of a rustic farm cabin with wood fireplace, but boasting modern off grid features (Satellite Internet, New gas hot water for kitchen/shower, New roof solar energy and inverter, New Smart TV, New gas oven, New water filtration to kitchen providing clean drinking water and Washer/Dryer Machine available for use on the property – with even more upgrades planned. We also provide use of our 4X4 Prado with fuel card as well.
As you can see we provide all the necessary comforts of home in a fantastic location ready for you to explore the region!
With this opportunity the main duties (paid at a casual hourly rate, Min 10hrs to 25hrs p/week) will involve the lodge cleaning after guests, some general maintenance; use of ride-on lawn mower, cleaning windows, stocking general cleaning products/toiletries, meet trades on site and assist with guest bookings and greeting guests on arrival. You may even get the opportunity to assist our apiarist with looking after our 10 bee hives on the property.
· Supported by a Manager based in Burnie
· Location is 1 Newhaven Road Meunna, approx. 35 Mins away from Wynyard (the closest main centre)
· The Property is owned by NJL, a Community based Not-For-Profit who also use the property to conduct activities and excursions with our clients and school students from across the state
· Whilst the region is beautiful and majestic, we also want to inform and acknowledge that the region’s weather can sometimes be less than desirable with periods of low temperatures and rain, which comes from bordering the Cool Temperate Rainforest which is the Tarkine.
· Previous cleaning experience is desirable along with any general basic maintenance skills
· All employees of NJL must be able to pass a police check, obtain a Working with Vulnerable People Check and hold a current driver’s licence.